Having toys for your child to play with is important, it helps their imagination run wild and lets them have the dreams you hope they achieve someday.
Many children will use their toys as a way of creating dreams and aspirations for themselves. Instead of letting your child use the popular toy to impersonate them, give them a stuffable animal that is them. Ok, maybe they will not look exactly like them but embodies them in every way possible.
There are many ways to customize one of our stuffed animals to be your child’s mini-me.
First start with the clothes-you can dress them exactly how your child would dress on a daily basis or dress them in your child’s favorite color.
You can also pick the stuffed animal that you think most directly identifies with your child. For example if you have a child who loves to play at the park and is always climbing around you may want to give them a gorilla. Or if your child is somewhat shy and quiet, you could always get them a cute and cuddly rabbit. Choose the animal that is inside of your child just waiting to come out and play.
One last thing you may want to include with your child’s new friend is a scent. If your child is your little sweetie pie or cupcake make sure to include the cupcake aroma-bearapy.
Make your child’s next stuffed animal is a toy they will want to look up to and idolize as they create their own dreams.
American girl dolls are treasured keepsakes and they are also dolls you can play with. These dolls are constructed to be lovable and huggable but also serve the purpose of matching up with looks.
These dolls can be a positive influence on your little girl’s daily life but that daily life can also get rough sometimes. If your American Doll Girl’s hair is looking a little bit rough you have come to the right place. Here are easy directions to make her hair good as new again. It might take some work but it will be worth it in the end.
- Gather materials- You will need a wig brush or American girl hairbrush. This can be purchased from the American girl store. You will also need a spray bottle that has a mist setting filled with water only, paper towels, elastic hair ties and a plastic bag.
- Using the paper towels, wrap around the face of the doll covering all exposed plastic. Secure the paper towels with an elastic hair tie. Then do the same with a plastic bag. This will keep the doll safe from possible water exposure.
- Separate the hair into 3 sections. Slowly work on each section from the bottom to the top to get all kinks and knots out. Use the misting water to help clean out the hair.
- Allow the hair to air dry. Do not use a blow dryer on the hair as it will make the hair frizzy and you will have to complete this whole process again.
Tween girls are some of the hardest people to buy for. You can just as easily hit a home run as a foul ball. Fortunately, the internet makes it easy to avoid the latter. There are some things on the market that are super popular right now that will be a great hit for your pre-teen.
- Chalkboard Paint: Letting the creativity flow is a great outlet for tweens. And with this gift you may find out that they are a great artist, or poet. Here is a great room we found on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/370280400582439746/ You can even use the new chalkboard wall to write down when tests/fieldtrips are for school too so they never forget.
- American Girl Dolls: If your daughter already has a collection of dolls, why not get them some new outfits? We offer a great variety of clothes that fit 18” American Girl dolls here at The Zoo Factory.
- Cra-Z-Loom: Creating bracelets or jewelry never goes out of style. Especially if you can making matching one’s for you and your group of girlfriends. We found them at Toys“R”Us, and they are fairly inexpensive as well for the kit and even if you want to buy an extra bag of bands on the side as well.
- Monster High by Lisi Harrison: This book is all about the granddaughter of Frankenstein trying to find her place in her new high school. Guaranteed tween fun and we found it on Amazon.com
We wish you the best of luck this holiday season hitting the stores for the perfect present for your tween. Hopefully our gift guide helps give you some great ideas for great gifts!