Today's guest post is brought to you by fun-loving, mom-of-the-year, Dana! Dana is always throwing great parties for her daughter, and she decided to share her awesome Zoo Party Recap with us! Share your thoughts with us in the comment's section below!
I tend to go a little overboard for birthday parties for my daughter. When I say “little” I mean every thing MUST match the theme that I started preparing the day after her last birthday.
This year’s theme was “The Zoo”. I was on top of these preparations like a boy scout looking to get the next merit badge. Don’t doubt it, this was the checklist:
- Venue – Local zoo party room booked well over a month in advance.
- Zoo Cake – Another thing ordered well in advance with matching zoo theme.
- Invitations and Thank You cards – Monkeys included for a “wild time”
- Food – Fruit and Veggie trays made to look like a forest with lion and tiger. (The zoo provided pizza with the party automatically, which was a nice bonus.)
- Plates and Cutlery – Animal face plates with color matching plastic ware.
- Face painter – My Happy Face Painter turned the children into little animals!
- Activity for kids / party favors – A menagerie of animals from The Zoo Factory.
The children in the party ranged from 3-11. The highlight of the party for everyone was stuffing The Zoo Factory animals. The younger children had to have their parents help with the stuffing but that made the activity even more fun for them. I was worried that a couple of older kids in the party might not enjoy the party favors as much but that wasn't the case. They had just as much fun stuffing and playing with them as the younger kids.
In the end due to my obsessive planning everything turned out perfectly. I even received a compliment from one of the parents that I should become an event planner because everything was so wonderful.
In case you are wondering next year theme will be “Bubbles at the Science museum”.