Our kids are graduating high school, and before we know it, they’ll be heading off to college. As we well know, college is a huge step, provoking a lot of emotions like excitement, curiosity, and even anxiety. We can help our kids by getting them the perfect gifts to start their new life. Here are a few ideas to get started:
The Practical Gifts
College isn’t like high school. Our kids will have new responsibilities from cooking their own meals to preparing for tough final exams. As such, they’ll need a helping hand to get situated and used to their new life. You may not be able to look after them all the time like you used to, but you can still help them out even if you’re miles away. Here are some practical gifts that your kids can use every day to keep themselves afloat:
- Programmable alarm clock: Some kids have a hard time getting up for that 8am lecture. Make sure they don’t miss out by getting them a programmable alarm clock.
- College cookbooks: There is a plethora of cookbooks out there geared directly to college students. Many of these contain recipes that can be cooked inside a dorm.
- Eye mask and ear buds: Sharing a single room can be tough. Give your kids something to block out any disturbances with eye masks and ear buds.
The Sentimental Gifts
While practical gifts are all well and good, don’t forget the sentimental ones too. College can be a rough transition, and most kids feel some sense of homesickness. A few sentimental gifts from their parents and family members can mean all the difference.
- Framed pictures: Find a few sentimental photos of the family that your kid can hang in their dorm room.
- Care packages: While your kids are away at school, be sure to send them care packages with gifts from home.
- Stuffed animals: Stuffed animals aren’t just for little kids, they can also be for big kids who are making the tough transition into adulthood.
Are you looking for the perfect stuffed animal for your kids who are going off to college? Then look through our inventory here at The Zoo Factory today!