Yes, we said Holiday. Wait! Before you do this:
Okay, we know it's only September, and we know that feeling of nausea we all get when we hear holiday music in fall. We get it, it's too early, and we want to hold on to thoughts of summer break, but did you know that most people start their holiday shopping in September? It makes sense if you think about it, there are a lot of reasons to start the holiday shopping as early as possible. The only reason you don't want to start shopping too early (like May) is that wants and trends change. Moreover, if the anticipation gets the better of you, you may give in and give the gift early. Fall is the perfect time, because it gives you enough time to shop at your convenience, and it gives you an insight into what's cool at school this year.
Six Reasons to Start Your Holiday Shopping in September:
“If it weren't for the last minute, nothing would get done.”― Rita Mae Brown
- You'll Save Time – With more time and less people, you’ll be able to shop like it’s any other day of the year (because it is). Avoid long lines, volcanically hot stores, and grumpy people by shopping months ahead of the ‘crazy season’.
- You'll Minimize Stress – This ties in with the above points; there’s nothing more frustrating than shopping for fifteen minutes, only to wait in line for forty-five.
- You'll Choose Better Gifts – You’ll have a wider selection and more time to decide. This results in better, more thoughtful gifts
- You'll Earn Bragging Rights – When someone invites you shopping, you’ll have the rewarding experience of saying “I’m already done!”
- You'll Protect your Income – Wouldn’t it be better to spread your holiday budget over four months instead of four weeks?
Okay, so you’re ready to go shopping, but what if you have no idea what is “big” with kids this year? Stuffable animals are always safe, but for a few more ideas, check out this infographic below!